COVID-19 Models and Child Health
- COVID-19 Decision Analytic Models
- SMDM 42nd Annual North American Research Meeting Keynote by Harvey Fineberg, et al. October 6, 2020. Watch the videos here. Read the summaries here.
- Bilinski A, Salomon JA, Giardina J, et al. [Pre-print] “Passing the test: a model-based analysis of safe school reopening strategies.” January 25, 2021. https://github.com/abilinski/BackToSchool2. See also the accompanying Twitter thread.
- McGee RS, Homburger JR, Williams HE, et al. [Pre-print] “Model-driven mitigation measures for reopening schools during the COVID-19 pandemic.” January 26, 2021. doi: https://doi.org/10.1101/2021.01.22.21250282. See also the accompanying Twitter threads and interactive web app that allows you to explore the impact of various mitigation strategies on outbreaks.
- Naimark D, Mishra S, Barrett K, et al. “Simulation-Based Estimation of SARS-CoV-2 Infections Associated With School Closures and Community-Based Nonpharmaceutical Interventions in Ontario, Canada.” JAMA Network Open. 2021; 4(3):e213793. doi:10.1001/jamanetworkopen.2021.379. See also the accompanying editorial by Ciaranello and Bell, “Using Data and Modeling to Understand the Risks of In-Person Education.”
- COVID-19 School-related Data Inputs
- Honein MA, Barrios LC, and Brooks JT. “Data and Policy to Guide Opening Schools Safely to Limit the Spread of SARS-CoV-2 Infection.” JAMA. January 26, 2021. doi:10.1001/jama.2021.0374.
- Falk A, Benda A, Falk P, et al. “COVID-19 Cases and Transmission in 17 K–12 Schools — Wood County, Wisconsin, August 31–November 29, 2020.” MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. January 26, 2021. doi: 10.15585/mmwr.mm7004e3
- Parolin Z & Lee E. [Pre-print] “Large Socio-Economic, Geographic, and Demographic Disparities Exist in Exposure to School Closures and Distance Learning.” November 15, 2020. https://doi.org/10.31219/osf.io/cr6gq
- BMJ Webinar on COVID-19 and school re-opening knowns and unknowns: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOpH9mbiGnQ
Decision Sciences Conferences and Meetings
- Society for Medical Decision Making: October in North America and biannually in the summer in Europe
- ISPOR: The Professional Society for Health Economics and Outcomes Research
- International Health Economics Association Congress: biannually in the summer in Europe
- Society for Behavioral Medicine: The Society of Behavioral Medicine’s (SBM) Health Decision Making Special Interest Group seeks to understand informed decision making by patients and the general population, shared decision making between patients and health professionals, and clinical decision making by health professionals. SBM meets in April.
Decision Sciences Short Courses
- SMDM Short Courses on patient preferences, patient engagement, valuing inequality in economic evaluation, and modeling can be found here
- SMDM Short Course: Developing Innovative Approaches for Engaging Patients and Improving Decision Making
- SMDM Core Course Certificate Program featuring four introductory courses on cost-effectiveness analysis, shared decision making and patient decision aids, medical decision analysis (decision-analytic modeling), and the psychology of medical decision making.
- ISPOR Short Courses and Webinars regarding health economics outcomes research
- Canadian Agency for Drugs and Technologies in Health (CADTH) workshops on decision modeling, economic evaluation, and evidence-based decision making
- Decision Analysis in R for Technologies in Health (DARTH) modeling in R workshops
- Leeds Choice Modeling Center courses on choice modeling and stated choice design
- University of Aberdeen Health Economics Research Unit course on discrete choice experiments